Apply to the UConn Department of Geography GIS online or blended Graduate Certificate through The Graduate School of the University of Connecticut. Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
When completing the online application form, under the Intended Program tab select:
- Levels of Study: Certificate
- Academic Areas: Natural Sciences
- Program: Geographic Info Systems Grad Certificate
- Campus: Storrs
Application for admissions into the certificate program begins with filling out the online application.
Begin your Application
Steps to apply for GIS Graduate Certificate:
- Official transcripts for all college-level studies, regardless of whether a degree was awarded sent or emailed to The Graduate School. See instructions below. Please note that Official Transcripts from students previous educational experience at UConn are not required.
- Unofficial Transcript(s) for all undergraduate work and graduate coursework. (Uploaded)
- A personal statement of interest. (Uploaded)
- A one-time application fee of $75.00.
No exam scores or letters of recommendation are required for application to our graduate certificate program.
After you apply, are admitted, and accept an offer of admission, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to the address listed below. Or, if your school(s) offer an electronic transcript service email them to email@example.com.
University of Connecticut
The Graduate School
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Application Deadline: June 29 for fall semester admission. November 10 for spring semester admission. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.